Painting Apps can use a lot of memory.
They have to mix paint for example.
1. GETTING YOUR iPAD READY for a complex Painting App with layers
- Before starting using a painting App, close down all the Apps that you have left open as follows…..
- Double press the HOME BUTTON. You will see all your open Apps. Flick the icons upwards with your finger and they will close down.
2. Then REBOOT your iPad
- To reboot your iPad hold down the OFF button and the HOME button together. The screen will go black.
- KEEP HOLDING until the white Apple symbol appears in the centre of your screen.
- Let go. Your iPad is ready for your painting App and you have freed up as much memory as possible!
3. Using Artrage
- Keep saving your work. If you are running out of memory a human head image (memory) will appear at the bottom of your screen with a warning…..take note of it and follow instructions!
4. Other Painting Apps
- Read the instructions (or search community forums) if you have memory problems! Procreate doesn’t deal with memory issues in their manual. I haven’t had memory problems in Procreate……